Saturday, April 25, 2020

Ramadan 2020

The world is under the threat of a pandemic called Coronavirus or Covid-19. It began December last year and when things got worse, companies started to do split operations and now it has come to working from home too. So Ramadan this year, for the first time for almost every Malaysians, there are no Ramadan bazaar and terawih prayers. Friday prayers has been postponed for quite some time now. Maybe a month has passed by.

Ramadan arrived on Friday on April 24th. 

Today is the second day of fasting for Muslims around the globe.

What did I learn during the first day of Ramadan amid the worldwide pandemic and movement control order (MCO) in Malaysia?

Appreciation.

I am fortunate enough to be able to break fast with my father and mother. Some of my co-workers and fellow friends are separated from their family members due to the current situation. I cannot imagine how they are feeling... I hope they keep on being strong and know that this too shall pass. 

No comments: